Friday 30 December 2011

Is the ham all gone yet?

When will this holiday season be done???  I had the best intentions to have a day or two off and then get back into the training to work off the excess turkey, ham and trifle.... I followed the portion control rules so I didn't over do it, shame I didn't stick to the five small meals a day I should have!!! Kind of lost count some days... Dam all the yummy food screaming out at me every time I walked past!  Next year I will try walking around the house with ear muffs on so I can't hear that food begging me to fulfill it's life journey and devour it!!  

Having my sisters at home also didn't help, who wants to go to the gym to work out when you can fully get into holiday mode and cruise with them??  Unfortunately I took that one step too far and forgot to go to work... Oops!!  (I did go in after a wake up call asking where I was....)  Speaking of work, the extra hours over Christmas completely messed me around with the Christmas gym hours.  I hear you say "why didn't you hit the hills again or do stuff at home??"  The honest answer to that is... I'm lazy and I was pretending to be on holiday!!

I had this mad idea that shopping with the sisters could be a good way to get in some walking during one of the many rainy days we have had... Yes, I did get some extra walking in I normally wouldn't have done but I got bored really quickly and ended up in a cafe drinking an iced coffee (with no cream!!) so not sure if I really achieved anything!!  

Mark my trusty trainer emailed me too, just to see how things were going.... I need to publicly apologise for the little fib I told him.... I did intend on going to the gym as I had told him in my reply email, it's just that something came up which I couldn't say no to.... it's not often one's sister offers to shout lunch!! 

Starting this little journey before the holiday season was a little bit stupid of me but I think what I really wanted was to get a feel for how things would go when I knuckle down in the New Year and start losing some serious weight!  I can say that I have that feeling now, I know what I'm in for in the New Year and if I'm honest I'm a little bit excited and scared all at the same time for what is coming!!! 

Have a great New Years and I'll check back in soon!!

P.S Don't tell them, but having both sisters around was pretty cool, and I have no regrets about spending time with them instead of slogging it out at the gym!!! (next year might be another story! lol)

1 comment:

  1. 2012 is going to be your year Chippy! On a mission over the coming weeks to get you into your best shape ever...Bring on the TRANSFORMATION!!

    ReplyDelete