Monday 19 December 2011

Is that a spy???

Another day in the gym sweating it out... ok, it was only the 2nd official day but it feels like I have been going for months!  The sweating it out is right though, dam I was hot today, must have been the humidity because the sun wasn't out for long today!!

While I was doing my workout today I noticed one of the staff members from the gym doing her workout.  I know I have a slightly over active imagination at times but I couldn't help but wonder if staff members doing their own 'workouts' are planted their to keep an eye on people and report back to the trainers with what's been going down without them around....  Turns out they are just there getting/staying fit themselves, they are probably hoping we aren't watching them!  However I think I have to keep the 'spy' theory alive in my head because I noticed I tried a little harder when I thought I was being watched!!

Also watched some guy doing this crazy balancing act on these things which look like large blue M&M's but instead of being full of chocolate its full of air.  Anyway, he had one of these things under each foot then proceeded to do squats and lifting dumb bells above his head... I held my breath as I watched, he was concentrating hard trying to keep his balance, then I noticed a couple of others in the gym had stopped what they were doing to watch as well, I didn't feel so bad for staring then!!  I think we all had the same thought.... "this guy is going fall, it's going to be messy.... dam, where is my phone to video this?? I hear You Tube calling!!!" I'm sure it would have gone viral!!  But when he finished without falling off I felt that we needed to clap to celebrate his success... I didn't do it though, shamos!! And I felt a little let down because watching weights go flying through the air while he hit floor would have been entertaining!!  Of course I would hope he didn't get hurt though...  However this is a good example of why you should not be a show off and do this kind of craziness in front of people, hide in the quiet part of the gym so if it turns to custard no one will know!!!

Hmmm, speaking of custard must be dinner time... dam, no custard on the menu tonight, got to wait until Christmas for that!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey good on you buddy. I'm still in the same space (reads...on the same couch)as when you left. However, I have joined Papamoa Snaps Fitness (they have air conditioning,ahhh)and have a beavy of support from skinny fit freaks (reads...jealous). So I'll be watching you and being inspired by your progress. Would like to look half decent in my wedding dress in March :-)

    ReplyDelete