Friday 6 January 2012

The first entry for 2012...

Thought it was time to get writing again.... I think today marked the final day of holiday slackness!!  All the family have left so it's time to get into a routine and get this journey back on track!  Well for a week anyway then I'm off to Wellington for a few days!!!  Where I will be walking the hills so kind of staying on track!

So I thought I would take advantage of all these sales on at the shops and I went on the hunt for some t-shirts to do my workouts in.  What a disaster!!  I was certain I would find a long t-shirt so I would have no more incidences of peek-a-boo puku (stomach)!!  Turns out the shops I went to where all out of long t-shirts, so I have had to make do with the regular length but I have a theory.... as the tractor tyre shrinks to lets say a bicycle tyre around my midsection, the t-shirts will be able to hang like they are designed to and my problem should be solved... make sense?? If I was clever on this computer I would draw a diagram!! So in the mean time, I apologise to all the other gym members who are unfortunate enough to catch a glimpse of some extra white meat!!!  I'll try to keep my workouts to the middle of the day when no one is about!!

I don't know how people manage to keep up their fitness regime during the holiday season but I am sooo easily distracted when it comes to going to the gym, exercising or eating during this time, just one twist of my rubber arm and I'm away!  I planned on going to the gym twice this week and twice I didn't go!  First time I was tempted away with lunch in town and a spot of shopping, the second time I ended up doing extra hours at work and couldn't be bothered to go because I was too hungry (managed to miss my breaks so had not eaten since breakfast), all I could think of was KFC so I raced home in fear of the car detouring (by itself of course!) into the nearest drive thru... it could have easily happened, I have to pass 3 KFC drive thru's on the way home and my car is unpredictable!!!

Today was another day I had considered going to the gym but it was the first fine day we have had in what feels like an eternity so I took advantage to head home and get some of the outside chores done.  Going to the gym would have been easier!!  The killer today was trimming the hedge.... who knew it was so hard to hold the hedge clipper machine thing in the air while trying to cut the hedge in a straight line!!  I have a new respect for Dad, he is a machine because he doesn't moan and complain anywhere near as much as I did!!  Even the dog looked at me strange as I collapsed onto the lawn wheezing and struggling to breathe!!  I think she thought I was about to cark it, hell I was thinking it!!  What a work out it was!! I have found muscles in my arms I never new existed!  Cutting my dinner tonight was a mission, even typing this blog is hard work!!  And do you know what the best part of all this is....... I only got half the hedge done!!!  I have to go through all of this pain again!! Arghhhhh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment