Wednesday 14 December 2011

First meeting with the trainer...

So, today was my first meeting with my Personal Trainer, Mark Woodgate from Body Blueprint.  I had a fair idea I knew what I was getting myself in for, just a casual meeting to go through what my new routine is going to look like...

Well, that's what I thought anyway.... after some chatting and discussion on what the plan of attack would be I was dragged (kicking and screaming) into the gym to be shown a few of the exercises, you know to make sure my posture was correct, the weights were right and the most import thing... that I was breathing!! Turns out I hold my breath while lifting weights, not the best idea I have come up with!! I knew I should have taken a change of clothes but ended up doing this in my work uniform... oops!

But I have to say I learnt a valuable lesson today...  If Mark asked if that weight was enough, always say yes and say it quickly.  If you pause to think about it or say no, he adds more weight, I noticed while he did that he had one of those grins on his face, I can't decide if it was a cheeky, friendly or evil grin but I'm sure he was thinking "Gotcha now sucker!! We are guna make those muscles burn!!"

I forgot to mention, because its one of those horrible things that one tries to forget, that I was put through the horrendous task of stepping onto the scales and getting measurements taken.  I was about to head off to the truck stop to use the big scales but Mark assured me the gym scales would handle the jandal... I gingerly stepped onto them and waited for the breaking sound which to my surprise didn't come, the only thing that happened was a rather large number showed up.... that number will be kept under wraps locked up in a safe until further down the track (along with the before photos!!)  Once I recovered from the shock of what that number was Mark pulled out some funny shaped tongs and started pinching me with them.  I hate those calliper things, the numbers that come from them about body fat are depressing!!  Then Mark measured my waist, chest, biceps (yip I have them!!) calves etc, is there no end to the pain???  Nope there isn't next up was my blood pressure not good but fingers crossed it will improve as time goes on.  After all this depressing news all I wanted to do was sit the corner curled up in a ball and rock, actually no I didn't, I wanted to go to KFC to recover!!  But I didn't!

So the plan in a nutshell is to ease into the gym routine over the next couple of weeks then in the new year it's on like donkey kong!!  No holding back, I'm on a mission!!!

I think that is enough for my first post on this blog thing!!

Catch ya next time :-)

P.S I need to put a disclaimer thingee somewhere on here... I'm not a trained writer, journalist or literary genius so I apologise in advance for all spelling and grammatical errors!!!

5 comments:

  1. Gotta love those body fat callipers..tehe

    Now that the first day is out of the way it can only get easier from here :-)

    ps: Great first blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay go you!! You can do it my brother from another mother :)Will look forward to going on your journey with you...who knows you may even inspire me to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog my friend!!!
    Look forward to more blogging! You will end up having a huge following I am sure - and you will write a book from it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Justin that was a good read. Good luck, let me know if you need a walking buddy and good on you for putting it out there too. Look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments!!! No going back now!!! It will be interesting to see how this pans out.....

    ReplyDelete