Thursday 15 December 2011

First day of pain...

Today I managed to put myself through some pain... I tried to delay the inevitable by talking to Mark & Lisa (owners of Bay Bodyfit) for as long as possible but the time came when I had to suck it up and start my workout.

It all seemed to go to plan, doing a few dynamic lunges, some hamstring curls, lat pull downs etc... look at me spouting of the names of exercises as if I know everything about them!!  I managed to remember everything Mark had told me yesterday which surprised me because I'm sure I glazed over a few times while he was talking yesterday wondering what the hell I was getting myself into!!

However, I did find out today that I have trouble counting and lifting weights at the same time. '1,2,3... was that 5 or 6? hmmm... 8,9,10, why is breathing so hard right now? 9,10,11... shit am i doing 12 or 15 reps? 10,11,12,13.... crap I think my legs are going to buckle... 15... that must be enough???'  So I think I did enough, maybe one or two extras every now and then or maybe I came up one or two short every now and then but I do know there is no way I could have done anymore!!

Also ran into bit of a problem today.... while doing my lateral raises I discovered a major flaw in clothing design... t-shirts are not long enough!! Its not cool to be standing in front of a mirror (to be honest it's never cool to look in a mirror!!) struggling to lift your arms up to shoulder height and then noticing a puku peeking out!!  Maybe I could get some velcro and attach some extensions to my t-shirts??

So that was pretty much my first session at the gym by myself.  I must have done something right because my muscles are sore already.  Need to find a crane to come around and get me out of this chair, my quads are killing me!!

Will update again soon....

2 comments:

  1. Super proud of you :) Maybe I can get a day pass and come along and cheer you on in a couple of weeks?? xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure we can work something.... but you will have to lift some weights!! lol

    ReplyDelete