Friday 23 December 2011

My bad...

Ooops, I missed doing an update yesterday... and no I didn't miss my workout (even though my calf muscles were screaming at me to give it a miss!!!) I didn't get home until late last night by which time my fingers were too tired to type let alone have my brain string enough words together to make sense!!

But I did go to the gym and do an hours worth of cardio... dam it was hot!!!  And that is when the confusion began to set in!! I could go for half an hour non stop on the treadmill without a problem (well other than struggling to breathe and dripping with sweat!!) Yet when I attempt to walk outdoors I start dying and begin looking for a resting place after about 5minutes...  I think that dam treadmill has been luring me into a false sense  of security!!  The helpful staff at Bay Bodyfit helped clarify what was going on... I'll confess, sometimes I'm a little dumb and it never occurred to me that the dam treadmill kind of helps you along when walking!!  Apparently if you make sure the treadmill is on an incline of at least 2 then it will feel more like walking outside.  I'll try that next time but not sure if my calves will like me for it because an incline sounds like hard work!!

Today was another weights session at the gym... I think it went to plan...  I was in bit of a rush when leaving home and left my program on the table so had to do it all by memory, which could have been a disaster but thank goodness I have been taking those fish oil pills, they must doing wonders for my brain!!!  Made it through everything OK, up'd the weights on a few of the exercises which is awesome... gets me a little further away from the Nana weights I started with!!!

Not sure when the next update will be, got to get through the next few days with family and food around!  So will need to try and fit in some walking and hopefully the food police will be at home to keep an eye on what's going on my plate!!!

So, Merry Christmas!!! Enjoy the day and don't over indulge.... if you can help it!!!

And one last note, my thoughts go out to all those in Christchurch today.  Not the best timing for another earthquake...  Hope it all settles down for Christmas!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment