Wednesday 14 March 2012

It's meeeeeee...... I'm back!!!!

Your a smart bunch so you have probably already realised that I fell off the wagon.... oops, my bad!!  I think I may have missed mentioning in my earlier blogs that I am the King of finding excuses to skip a training session or two or three weeks....  Of late I have used the excuse that Dad was home so I was busy with him, then a friend was over from Oz so I missed a session or two because of that, then working crazy hours got in the way, then I started a new job in a new town which came with a new set of problems and then during the other days I was just glued to the tv... no need to lie about that, we all know it's what I do best!!  But I will say when Dad was home although I wasn't going to the gym as often as I should have we did plenty of physical work at home which got a good sweat up and kept the weight from creeping up, which is a surprise because we didn't hold back when it came to food, if Dad felt like something e.g. fish & chips it was on the menu!!

As for most of the other excuses they were real but all I did was use them to justify to myself that it was ok not to show up at the gym, the problem is I accepted my own excuses without a blink of the eye which is where the downhill spiral started and then THUD.  The ground smacked me in the face and that's when realised I was sabotaging the good start I got off too.

However, I did start a new job unfortunately it is in another town to where my gym is based so I had to find a new place to sweat it out and show off my short t-shirts!!  I found a new gym in Rotorua and was keen as a jelly bean to get going and start my new routine 'going to the gym straight after work five days a week' and then home to relax.... hmmm, that nice little picture I had in my head of how my new life was going to roll was shattered when I went to gym to join up.  Turns out not all gyms are the same, I think I was spoiled with Bay Bodyfit and what they had to offer, a friendly relaxed atmosphere with clean and tidy facilities.  Turns out it is really important to feel comfortable in the gym you choose to use.   So I joined up on the Monday with a gym I wasn't 100% happy with and then called back on Tuesday to cancel my membership!!! Took me a night to realize I would end up finding more excuses to avoid going to a place I didn't feel comfortable in.   Now that left me in bit of a quandary...  what the hell am I going to do for a gym??? There was another I could join in town but it looked a little small and rough for my liking!!! And then a light bulb flashed above my head I have ended up joining an exclusive gym in Paengaroa... I know who would have thought there was gym out in that little settlement....  Well it's really new, it opened this week and it's out in our shed!!  We went equipment shopping last weekend and got a few of the basics, cross trainer, free weights, bench, bench press rack thingee (not sure of the technical name!!) and a swiss ball which according to theory should be enough to get us going until we need to expand our choice of equipment in the gym (and shed!!)  Oh yeah, sorry Dad you have just lost half of your shed!!!

There is no excuses now! No more, 'I don't have time to go into town for a workout' No more, 'bugger gym closes early today' No more, 'Oh shit, what do I wear today to the gym?'

So if you want to join an exclusive little gym (so far we only have 2 members, Mum and I!!) Feel free to pick up an application form.... pretty expensive though.... costs a lot to have a view of the paddock, the smell of the lawn mower in your work space and a cat and dog staring at you the whole time your working out!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment