Tuesday 17 January 2012

Time to get back on the wagon.. S4CFVTVCJ59V

No more excuses now!!!  Everything at home has returned to normal so I can get back into the routine of regular work outs and healthy eating...

Had my first official meeting with Mark for the year yesterday to get my program for the next 3 weeks and check up on the damage done over the holiday period.  Found out something I already knew... I have no self control when there is holiday food in the house!!  I thought about bull shitting everyone and saying I maintained my weight loss from before Christmas then working my butt off to drop some weight fast however I realised Mark reads this blog and he knows the truth... my cover would be blown, dam it!!  So the truth is I managed pig out on just enough food and do the least amount of exercise possible to return me to my starting weight... oops!!  However that will not get me down, (although I did have a teary eyed moment when I looked down at the scales!!!) I have lost it before and I'll do it again!  This time I plan to lose it for more than a week though!!

We had a run through of the new program... it seemed to be ok... more intense than the last one I had but I reckon this is going to work a treat!  The cardio portion of the workout is.... um, how do I put it nicely.... insane??  Mark has me doing some high intensity interval training on the cross trainer which translated into layman's terms means going uber fast, then slow, then uber fast, then slow, then uber fast, then slow, I think you get the picture... and because Mark is soooo generous you only have to do that for 2 minutes the you get to cruise for a couple of minutes before going through that pain again!! To make it even more fun he wants me to hold onto the bars of the cross trainer (you know, so your arms going back and forth) because it burns more calories.... how about I eat less calories and not worry about the arms because I look like a spastic when I do it??  Did I say I only did the fast slow thing for a minute yesterday and nearly collapsed??  Not sure if Mark and I will be talking at the end of this 3 week stint!!

Purchased some new 'running' shoes today (which will be relabeled 'walking' shoes because I don't run!!)  What an exercise that is!!  They had one of those video thingees to see how you walk and what sort of shoe would be best, worked up a sweat just walking backwards and forwards with a bizillion different shoe types on!  But I'm all set now for the next 3 weeks of pain...

Oh in case you are wondering, the random letters and numbers (S4CFVTVCJ59V) in the title of this blog is so a blog directory can verify I am who I say I am... I didn't just have a dumb moment and leave a spelling mistake in the title!  Well not this time anyway!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Chip. Yours is the first blog I've ever read and it's a great read. Can't wait to read your next one. All the best with your journey to the 'new you'.

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine, thanks for your comment. This is my first time blogging so I'm pleased to hear people are enjoying it!! Makes it all worth while!! :-)

      Delete