Sunday 9 September 2018

Where have you been?

Howdy Just over 3 years ago some of you started following my journey from being an expert couch potato to being a buff super fit unrecognisable potato!!Thank you for signing up way back when running around outside was normal (but not enjoyable!!)
hmmm, I fell off the wagon just over 3 years ago actually I didn't fall off the wagon I fell out of bed and for a couple of days lay on the floor listening to the telephone ringing after that ordeal I didn't feel like getting fit So in case you didn't know I had a huge stroke which has left me with limited use of my left side, so limited I'm in a wheelchair now.. not even the good car parking is worth this!!and thats because the mobility car parking isn't very good, thats a completely different story, so I think i have a pretty good reason for not going to the gym or walking up and down a mountain like a balloon about to pop!!  I could go on forever about how shitty life has become but who wants read all that negative crap?? lol I haven't totally given up on the gym  i have joined a mobility gym in Mount Maunganui its awesome fully set up for disabled people, I think  the only part of me getting a good work out is my jaw!! I talk too much!! and thinking back when I went to a normal gym all the rugby players did was lean on a machine and talk they seemed to get fit so I was trying that approach to working out... Fail!! they must be doing secret gym sessions! lol When I was working, my dream job was to watch tv all day, now that I can do that...the dream is over, its no longer fun can you believe I get bored watching tv thank god for netflix but still nothing is holding my interest lol So this ever expanding potato is still watching tv when I can find something decent to watch I no longer watch tv from the couch I watch  from an uncomfortable  wheelchair or from bed I guess that means technically my mission has been accomplished, I'm off the couch, way back in the beginning of this blog I said I wanted shake off the excess flavouring/ fat in, that department I have failed one of my only joys  I have now is coffee and food, so Im coating myself in plenty of flavouring!!it's hard to work it off when you have limited movement you maybe thinking coffee isn't that bad well what goes well with coffee??? cake lol and I jump at any chance of a coffee date, to get out of the house, just so long as it fits in with all my medical appointments and the days my support worker is with me since having this stroke I've had 6 operations on my brain yippee or no!! so many other complications comes when your brain is messed around with  Thats me done for   today, I got to keep some stories up my sleeve for future posts Thank  you for reading thats assuming you have made it this far!! lolCatch ya'll later hopefully the next post will have some humorous stories, yes somethings can be funny even when you get dealt a shitty hand!!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your posts!!!

    Keep writing brothaaaaa.

    Love
    Alli

    ReplyDelete